Saturday, September 26, 2015

Speculoos Pie

Peanut butter may be my #1, but speculoos aka cookie butter is a close second. While speculoos is now as ubiquitous as its nut-laden cousins, I like to think I am ahead of the curve on this one. Seth and I first tried speculoos at the Wafels & Dinges truck a few years ago. Long before it was available at Trader Joe's, Seth actually ordered speculoos off Amazon for me as a gift. Also, I am and have always been obsessed with Delta cookies.

When Seth requested a new dessert last night, I immediately knew that I wanted to bring speculoos into the mix. After googling speculoos cheesecake and speculoos trifle and coming up with few results that interested me, I decided that speculoos is enough like peanut butter to substitute it in a classic peanut butter pie recipe.

This dessert feels like fall. It would be excellent for Thanksgiving. It is the type of pie you walk by and slice a bit off each time to even it out. And, it is a super easy no-bake dessert.

Not that any of the photos on this blog are worth writing home about, but the above does not dignify the deliciousness of this dessert.

Ingredients:

  • about 1.5 cups of speculoos cookie crumbs
  • 4-6 Tbs melted butter
  • 8 oz block of cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup of speculoos
  • 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
  • 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
  • mini chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:
  1. Make the crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cookie crumbs with melted butter, and if you like, a large handful of mini chocolate chips. Press into a greased pie dish. Bake for about 7 minutes and let cool.
  2. Make filling. Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar. Add speculoos. Fold in Cool Whip.
  3. Assemble pie. Pour filling into crust. Top with mini chocolate chips. 
  4. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment